The below files are all available to download as pdf's.
Other useful resources
- dsdteens - Our amazing sister site was designed specifically for children and young people to learn about their bodies. Positively developed with afe appropriate and accurate information, parents can introduce this content to their youngster together, or allow them to access it on their own.
- Knowing me, knowing you - How does a girl with a Y chromosome manage biology classes at school? Very well thankyou.
- Meet Mia - A young woman with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome. She talks about finding out about her condition, what gender means to her, and why she is a bit like a flourless chocolate cake.
- An interview on Radio 4 about Children with a DSD. Listen to the programme for more information on the biological/medical aspects of DSD, and for a perspective from a psychologist and from the father of an affected child. A transcript of the show is also available via this link.
- 'Amazing you... the story so far' has been co-written for Sophie, by a parent and a clinician, with input from other parents, adults and healthcare professionals.
- The American support group AIS/DSD supports all children, whatever their DSD diagnosis. Here you find some more information about educating and sharing information with children.
- FAQ from families by HEA: Parents of children with peno-scrotal hypospadias might find the information and tips on the HEA website helpful. HEA is the American Hypospadias and Epispadias Organisation.